Friday, November 21, 2008

Grandma Wanda's Bread

Tonight, while visiting with Grandma Wanda, she told me that she needed to bake another batch of bread before Thanksgiving. I asked her when she was planning on doing this, as I would like to come and help her. Grandma's response to me was, "I don't need any help, I can do it by myself". My mom and I both started to laugh (Grandma has had some health issues and I think she believes we believe she cannot do anything for herself). I proceeded to tell Grandma that I knew she didn't need any help, I just wanted to learn how to make bread and she would be the perfect teacher. I have been trying for years to get her to teach me, I think it is just easier for her to do it herself and not have anyone in the way. I am going to keep at her though and hope that one of these days she will take the time to teach me.

No comments: