Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nascar and Autism

I was never really interested in Nascar until friends of ours invited us to go to Texas and see a race. From that moment on I can say I have been a fan and I try to catch some of each race. Anyone who is into Nascar has their favorite driver, mine happens to be Kasey Kahne, but another driver has also caught my attention. It was about 3 weeks ago when Jamie McMurray had an on board camera and he was the driver that was selected to talk before the race started. In his car I noticed the Autism Puzzle Piece and he also mentioned that April was Autism Awareness Month. I also happen to notice that during last weeks race he had an on board camera and it was AutismSpeaks.org sponsored. My first impression was wow Autism even in Nascar. I think it is awesome of this driver, Jamie McMurrary and Nascar to bring it into the sport where maybe more people may see and hear which means more people become aware of this disorder. Thanks Jamie McMurrary and Nascar. I can tell you I will now keep my eye on this driver along with Kasey Kahne.

No comments: