Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wish I knew what she was thinking

My 9 year old daughter, who is autistic, has not been wanting to go to sleep at night. This has lasted about 2 1/2 weeks now. I check on her when I go to bed at 10:00 and there she is waiting for me to open the door and then she starts giggling. Sure do wish I knew what she was thinking. What is she laughing at, what is hurting, is she hungry, is she thirsty, and what does she wants to do today. She is non-verbal so communicating with her is sometimes difficult. I love her dearly and would not change anything about her except I wish she could talk and let us know her wants and needs. I know she wishes the same because I can see her frustration when we can't figure things out. Guess we just keep on taking things 1 day at a time and maybe medicine will figure something out to help all the autistic children in the world.

No comments: