Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hunting





The men in my home are big hunters. They hunt anything from pheasants, duck, geese, turkey, and their favorite deer. Here are just a few of the pictures my husband has taken with his night vision camera. John and Cole get very excited when they are able to catch any type of wildlife with their camera. Knowing what is out there to hunt in the fall seems to be very important to the both of them come hunting season. I think it's the anticipation of knowing there is that big one out there just teasing and taunting them. My philosophy is to enjoy myself while they are away, if that is possible when my three girls are at home with me. Maybe that's why the boys like to get out of the house? I just don't quite understand the concept of getting up early in the dead of winter, hoping a deer will walk under my tree stand and anticipating the final kill. Staying in bed, sleeping in and being cozy under the covers sounds just perfect to me. I guess it just the thrill of the hunt. My son got his first deer last year and he is hoping to do even bigger and better this year. Good luck Cole and I guess dad too.
.
.

No comments: