Monday, July 14, 2008

Medical Software

Going to the doctor for me is like going to the dentist for other people. I just don’t like it. Before you will see me at my doctor’s office I am usually crawling out of my bed and barely able to make it there. I really don’t like to go through everything they put you through, from recording your weight, any lab work, and being prescribed medications. It’s a good thing that 50% of doctors now use some kind of medical PDA software. By using Epocrates medical software physicians are able to use a drug reference guide that has been loaded onto their PDA. By having this technology my doctor can make sure she prescribes the correct dosage for any drug, research any possible side effects, and determine whether my health insurance will cover the drug being prescribed, all from the convenience of my exam room. Epocrates is also available for other devices such as palm, windows mobile, and pocket PC. They also just released software for the BlackBerry devices and will soon have software to work on Apple devices. How great is that, instant information at your physician’s fingertips.

"This announcement was paid for by Epocrates"

No comments: