Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dentist Appointment

Alli has a dentist appointment tomorrow with Dr. Todd. I think the dentist is Alli's least favorite place to go. She can be in the best of moods and the second I pull into the parking lot of her dentist she because instantly upset and starts to overreact. Alli, who is 11 years old, is Autistic, non-verbal, and does not use sign language, so it is very hard to rationalize with her to let her know everything will be all right.

Dr. Todd is very good with her and it amazes me how he can get into her mouth and brush and floss her teeth they way he does. I think he is a man who has a lot of patience and is very kid orientated. Tomorrow we are going to try and get x-rays done so that we can check for cavities, she has not had any since she had her teeth fixed in a hospital setting under anesthesia. He tells me he will get it done and she will do just fine, I sure hope he knows what he is talking about. I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: