Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Election

My husband John, is in the living room watching the town hall meeting on TV, featuring John McCain and Sarah Palin. I'm not quite sure what to think about Sarah Palin, but she sure has grabbed my attention, the attention of the media, and the attention of most of America.

In past elections I can honestly say that I have not been too interested in what the candidates have to say. I try to see what they stand for, compare it to what I believe in, and then I try and go with my gut feeling when it comes time to vote. I get so confused during the election season, I'm not exactly sure who to believe or what to believe, I just have to hope that the person I vote for will really try to achieve what it is they are saying is in their agenda.

I think the draw with Sarah Palin, in my opinion, is that she seems to be refreshing compared to past and present candidates. Sarah Palin seems like she is just like most other American, she has a career, she's a mom and wife, and has an interest in changing things she doesn't like. I think the draw to her is that she really may be just like us, the "typical American" who just happened to have enough guts to know what she didn't like and went into politic to change those things she didn't like. Once she conquered being a mayor, why not move on to Governor, and on to vice-president? Don't we all wish we could be this determined? Maybe this is just what the White House needs?

No comments: