Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Laundry Duty

I don't know about you, but when it comes to the men and boys in my house it is just about impossible to get them to help when it comes to the laundry. For some reason my husband thinks he can throw just about any combination together and put it into the washing machine. I have seen towels, whites, reds, and jeans all in the same load. It seems no matter how often I explain why we need to sort clothes it just goes over his head. I really think it's selective hearing on his part. I believe he feels he washed some clothes so I should just be thankful. Any way, if I do get him to wash clothes I can guarantee they will not get folded, they usually end up in a huge pile on a chair waiting for my arrival home. Tonight, however I finally asked for help as I was gone to CPR training most of the night. What a mistake that was, I didn't know it was so hard to fold clothes and watch sports center on ESPN at the same time. So much for multitasking. Again, I think he not only has selective hearing when it comes to laundry, but also selective ability when it comes to folding the laundry. He may think hes a lost cause, but I'm gonna keep working at him until he gets it right, no matter how long it takes.

No comments: