Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rummykub

Every Christmas Eve the kids are allowed to open one present. Our tradition is that it is always a new game for the whole family to play. This years game was Rummykub, something I remembered playing from my childhood, and thought that Cole and Becca would really enjoy playing also. Boy, was I right on that. We ended up playing game after game after game. John and Becca dominated the night by not sharing in any of the wins, Cole and I just decided it was an endless cause, that we were just going to have to play and know we would get our rear ends beat.

We finally got ourselves off to bed so that Santa could come, but right after opening presents on Christmas morning we were at it again. We were having so much fun playing Rummykub that we did not want to stop playing, in fact we were late for Christmas dinner at Grandma Barb's. Oops. . . thankfully everyone understood. I'm still wondering after all the games we have played since then, when will I finally win a game? Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter as long as we all are having fun, and believe me we are!

No comments: