Monday, September 10, 2007

Senator Craig

This business about Senator Craig is really being taken to far. I was watching Anderson Cooper 360 the other night when someone called in with their opinion. After hearing what he had to say I would tend to agree with what he said. His comment was, why should the republican party have the right to push him out of office when they were not the ones that elected him to that office to begin with? He further stated that he has only 1 1/2 years left on his term so why not just let the people that elected him decide if they will reelect him to office or not. In doing this he would know for sure if his state wants him there or not. I guess that sounds reasonable and fair to me. I would have to agree that sometimes our government tries to dictate to much. What happened to working for the people who elected them. Sometimes I feel they just look at what will further themselves more and to heck with the people that put them in that position to begin with. I feel they are more concerned with who will dominate next term. Even tho Craig pleaded guilty because of the pressure he received at the time, he is now fighting it, so I think people need to wait to pass judgement until there has been a final ruling.

No comments: