Friday, November 9, 2007

Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer

With the holidays just around the corner it means it’s that time of year again, time to get out the Hamilton Beach ® Mixer. It means it’s time to start making all the holiday treats and family recipe’s that we will all be craving over the next couple of months. For years all I have used while mixing all these family favorites has only been a hand-held mixer or I have borrowed my mother-in-law’s stand mixer which she has had for many years, but when the batter is thick and sticky neither of them are easy to use. When baking this holiday season a Hamilton Beach ® Stand Mixer is just what I will need. With the Eclectrics® Mixer, which has 400 watts of power, I believe this is just perfect for all the batches of cookies that I will be baking this year. This mixer offers precise mixing flexibility and control because of the 12 different settings it offers. It also comes with a stainless steel bowl with a handle, dough hook, flat beater, and whisk for all your mixing needs. The splatter shield is also a plus to help with messy bakers like myself. One of my family’s favorite goodies during the holidays is my Grandma’s Flat Bread recipe. It seems we can never get enough of this old time favorite.

Flat Bread
1 Pint buttermilk
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup margarine
½ cup corn meal
½ tsp salt
4 cups flour

Combine all ingredients in a sturdy mixer and roll out real thin. Bake at 300 – 325 until light brown. Enjoy.



No comments: