Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Black Friday

Now that the kids are off to school it won’t be long before Christmas is here. It is just amazing how time flies from one event to the next. For instance, with the start of school brings the countdown to winter, and that means the holiday season is just around the corner, which we all know is one of the busiest times of the year. Now that Dru has joined our family it means more planning and comparing prices before any gifts can be purchased, as we will now be buying for four children. My children’s ages range from 13 years to 7 months which means I will be looking at a wide range of gift ideas from electronics, clothes, and learning toys.

One way that always helps me save money is by shopping on Black Friday. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when almost every store goes hog wild with crazy shopping specials. Whether you have a large family or not this is a great way to help out the pocket book, as this is a very expensive time of year for everyone.

To shop on black Friday it used to require buying the local newspaper on Thanksgiving Day morning, reading through all the special ads after putting the turkey in the oven. My husband and I would go through every ad to see who had the best deal and who had exactly what each child wanted. Then it was to decide if it was worth the savings to get up in the middle of the night to venture out and stand in line hoping to get that perfect gift. Since then, I have found a website that will now send black friday ads to my email ahead of time, which is a great way to help me plan in advance. I simply request the ads I would like to view, they send them to me ahead of time, I review them, and decided where I will start my shopping day. Receiving the ads ahead of time is a great way to help ease the stress of the Christmas Season.

No comments: