Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Special Education

Alli will be starting 6th grade this year. She is taking that big first step into middle school, which means huge changes for her over the next year. Alli has had the same special education teacher since kindergarten. I have a feeling that adjusting to her new teachers, surroundings, and the kids in her class will take a little getting used to. I am probably more nervous than she is and I am sure the changes will take me awhile to get used to also. Making sure everything goes the way it should for her will be a big priority for me this year. Reaching her IEP goals may be a challenge for Alli until the new building and surroundings become familiar to her. I sure hope she has a good year and doesn't have to much regression with all the progress we have made.

No comments: